Sunday, December 13, 2009

MyCampus.pk

Mycampus.pk, a social networking website is definitely catering to a niche audience; university level students. The website offers new and innovative ideas. The website is not following any precedence, at least not that I know of. There was a problem, however, in signing up for this website. After I had signed up for the site, I was told that I had to wait for sometime because my university is not listed. The next day I got an email from the support team of Mycampus.pk which said ‘We regret to inform you that we cannot approve the university sent by you because it already exists in our database. The details sent are given below: University Name: forman christian college university, University Nick: fccu’ So I ended up creating multiple accounts under my name because I was not able to use any application through any acocunt. The browser requirement is another perquisite for the website; it has to version 8 of internet explorer.
Course manager is a good application, one can catch up on the missed lectures, stay in touch with what is going on the campus. Watchlist, is yet another useful application. One good feature that can be incorporated in course manager is course outline given before the semester starts. Sometimes, it is hard for a professor to evaluate him/herself, so Professor Ratings is good way to see what the class thinks about you. My Classmates is a good way to chat with the friends. Textbook trader is very good feature. It provides an easy way to trade books on campus. Rest of the applications like photobox and People are similar to the features provided by any other social networking website. I did not like the background or the color combination of this website. More student oriented applications can be the USP of this website.

4 comments:

/Muhammad Tahir Azad said...

to b frnak im still struggling to sign in for my account on my campus.com...i have received the conformation messege to.. but i dont know why..

Anonymous said...

@ TAHIR.
I M also trying my level best to sign in ,, but i dont know after waitng for an complete hour he did not sign sign in my account,,,

Campus Trivia said...

There you have it! A lot people are havig difficulty signing up.

Unknown said...

Hi i am maria prova.I am related with a college market which give you a wonderful solution to make decision about college marketing and college advertising and give a job in your campus.