Wednesday, January 13, 2010

competitive advantage

The following questions are designed to help you determine whether your company has a competitive edge:

  • Have I clearly defined my company and its target market?
  • Who are my competitors?
  • What is my company's clear-cut strategy and plan for success?
  • Do I regularly track my competitors' moves?
  • Do I take advantage of my competitors' weaknesses?
  • What have I learned from my competitors' mistakes?
  • What have I learned from my competitors' strengths?
  • Do I take advantage of competitive opportunities?
  • Does my company possess a uniqueness that easily separates it from my competitors?
  • Would I pay money to use my own product or service?
  • How do my prices compare with the rest of my industry?
  • Who are my customers?
  • Do I have a loyal customer base?
  • Am I sensitive to my customers' needs and requests?
  • Are my employees trained in customer service?
  • What trends do I see for my industry in the future?
  • Do I have the capabilities and resources to compete in the market five to 10 years from now?
  • What is my vision for my company five to 10 years from now?

0 comments: