Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ever thought what you actually wanna do?

Hey all!!! its been a long time since I've posted stuff (yea right..... as if you've been waiting for it). Anyways.... What with all the entrepreneurial lectures we've been having at the guest speaker sessions, I for one really enjoyed them. One reason: I always wanted to go for entrepreneurial venture.... well when I say "always" I mean ever since I joined this business program :p. And furthermore the Managerial Accounting course is just so inspiring (okay....... Maybe I'm sounding like Umer Toor now. For people who don't know him, He enjoys studying. I mean who in the...... well, anyways) I actually started giving it a lot of consideration for the first time. The other reason: Don't you just wonder how these guys made their passion into a profession. My uncle(a huge cricket fan) always said during a match: "This is the life, they're earning money AND just for playing cricket."

I mean its not necessary that you can only go for entrepreneurship to fulfill your passion. Your passion can also be to join a company or a brand or an organization or anything that made you go "woah!!! that's cool, I wanna do that too". People make it their life ambition to join Apple or P&G or the school/ college/ university that they studied from. I know I would love to teach at the same school no matter how crappy it might be now. The truth is its only we who can decide what we want to do. Remember that canvas that God gave us to paint a masterpiece, the one Sir read to us about in the first class? Well now we wouldn't wanna paint something that we don't like ourselves. So just to end this boring post, how many of you are for entrepreneurship and how many for a profession? AND WHY? tadaaain

Adapted from : The lame diaries of Haider Khan.

6 comments:

M. Umer Toor said...

Well what I was trying to argue with you, Haider, was that there are people who love such boring things as linguistics, grammar, mathematics (yes many people don't like it) etc., they simple love it. They're few. I wish i could be one of them...

As for your question: I'd love to be an entrepreneur. Why? - For the sake of freedom; for the sake of making sense of the world, and giving it some meaning; to face tribulations and mock in the face of it, and help those who're in tribulation; to play with it like a kid; to create, to form and deform stuff; and bunch of other maybe deluded, erratic and wishful reasons you may like to abhor...

Haider said...

for the first time in my life i wish that you had just written

"Good addition.... keep it up bro"
;p

Because I just waived my hand at your comment as it went way over my head in a 747 :D

Syed Ahmad Hashmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haider said...

awww!!! thats so sweet of you guys.... Now with the confidence I've gained, I'ma drop out from uni and start writing a novel now o_O

Haider said...

what the hell?????? who deleted the "Good Addition keep it up" comments?

M. Umer Toor said...

As an administrator, it is my duty to tell you, I didn't delete his comment.